- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
1/2 cup butter (organic or grass feed)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add all ingredients to list
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Beat 1 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons melted butter with a whisk until well mixed. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Stir flour mixture and milk into egg mixture until batter is well blended. Fold cranberries into batter until just mixed and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- For sauce, heat 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, heavy cream, and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir cream sauce until sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes. Pour hot sauce over hot cake. Allow cake to cool in the baking dish for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
This recipe is from allreceipes.com which is delicious and big hit with my family. With this recipe I substitute things in the recipe to make it gluten free and dairy free. You can do this with most recipes and no one will notice. There is the recipe for a sauce too but I just buy So Delicious Coconut Whip Cream to put on top with out the sauce instead. It is frozen so let thaw a bit to scoop on top of cake or scoop out and put on frozen like ice cream. It’s great to substitute for whip cream. Mary
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)